Thursday, March 25, 2010

Salad Love



This was so good I just had to post about it!

I loooooooove salad. Absolutely love it. I think I've posted on here before about how much I love salad for breakfast, but honestly I like it all day. And a big one-meal salad, loaded with tons of different components, is the best ever! We had this one today.

I topped mixed baby spring greens (arugula, mesclun, radicchio, etc.) with sliced artichoke hearts, diced avocado, carrot shreds, raw kohlrabi, leftover BBQ chicken, and sunflower seeds. Then I whisked up olive oil, rice vinegar, some juice from salted lemon preserves, a little black pepper, and a smidge of Dijon mustard. Drizzled that shizzle and served it up for lunch right after a really grueling workout. It was surprisingly filling (must be all those good fats in the avocado and olive oil)! And ohhh, so delicious.

It's probably a little ridiculous how a good salad always makes me so incredibly happy. But it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment