Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals, Etc.

Here we are on the first Monday of 2010, which is as good a time as any to go over goals and aspirations for the coming year. I am fully aware that I probably won't accomplish everything on this list, but I hope to really make headway on most of it. Here is my

TOP TEN LIST:
Things I'd Like To Do In 2010
(in no particular order)

1. This blog. I'd like to expand it, possibly take it into some new direction. I'm very open to suggestions if there's anything more you'd like to see. I was thinking of taking on one challenge per month, like mastering artisinal bread, learning to crochet, making cheese, etc. Or I can just keep going like I am; things should pick up considerably around here now that we're about to get started on the garden beds and edible landscaping.

2. A different blog that my friend and I are cowriting, which will be online and ready to promote in another week or two. Stay tuned.

3. The Big Dream: My cafe. I've always dreamed of having my own cafe, and this feels like a good time to really start working on the business end of that project. As yet I'm still debating whether it would be smarter to start with a food cart, or jump in with both feet and go for the cafe dream. I have a great concept and vision, which was the fun part, but now I have to start researching loans and learning how to write a business plan. Blurrghh.

4. Procreate. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. The attempt is, at least, more fun than writing a business plan.

5. Eliminate my ugly front lawn and replace it with attractive edible landscaping, rounded out with bee- and hummingbird- attracting flowers; get the raised beds built in the backyard and grow a good sizeable harvest. It'd be sweet if we could totally support ourselves, produce-wise, and only buy a few supplementals like apples, milk, and meat.

6. Paint the exterior of the house, and the sheds, and paint the trim inside. Get some furniture in here, too.

7. Show up at the Hawthorne Urban Farmer's Market with some goodies to sell and trade... Herbed and seasoned handmade raw butter, fresh-baked and par-baked bread, surplus eggs, pickled goods, etc. Could be a pleasurable way to spend Sunday afternoons and I could trade for some of the really unusual produce, homemade beers, handmade makeup, and other great stuff the other vendors always have there.

8. Finish revising the novel, get it published.

9. Direct my new short film project, "Lila," and get it out there.

10. Continue taking time every day to show my appreciation for having such a rewarding, enjoyable, sensual life and a phenomenal husband to share it all with. I think this'll be the easiest one.

So whew! There it is, all in pixels and light for the world to see. Now I'm committed and I'd better get cracking.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so that is the most ambitious top-of-year to-do list EVAH, but if anyone can do it... you can. Pessimist (realist!) that I am, I mean it as a compliment when I say I fully expect you to complete at least half of those babies. Muah.

    ReplyDelete