Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm okay.

It's been a hard week, with a miscarriage coinciding with wrapping up the totalled-car situation. We bought another car, a Kia that is very much like my late and lamented Hyundai. The miscarriage is a disappointment and I'm not up for talking on the phone or blogging much at the moment but I'm overall okay and getting better with time and distraction. I will get back to blogging soon but wanted to say I'm all right. I do appreciate emails and text messages - even if I don't respond right away, I appreciate the support. And I am sorry for getting everyone excited too soon when I did know better; we just let excitement get the better of our judgement.

Good news is that Doris and Lucy finished their molt finally and yesterday we had our first three-egg day! Jane is still laying like a champ, Lucy's eggs are HUGE now, and Lana looks like she'll be ready sometime in the next couple of months. There's a big celebratory quiche in our near future.

I've taken a break from cooking for a little bit but tonight I'm going to be making this pumpkin pasta sauce and serving it over the pumpkin gnocchi that Keith and I made for the freezer a month or two ago. I plan on topping it with toasted hazelnuts. I might add turkey bacon if I feel like it. I'm really looking forward to it!

Today's plan also includes trying out a synagogue I've been meaning to visit, and a wrap party for the horror-movie trailer we worked on last month, so we've got a full day ahead of us. Tomorrow we're taking our new car for a drive out to the coast and a tour of the Tillamook Cheese Factory. We're keeping busy and bearing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment