Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Leavin' on a jet plane...

So of course I get all the dirt in the raised beds, get everything planted and perfect, and... I have to go out of town.

I'm jetting down to L.A. - oh, that's right, I of all people am actually flying - to spend a week with my beloved husband, who's on a long job there. Which is fine, it gives the seeds a week to get settled and germinate without me hovering over them every day! Hopefully I'll come home to thriving baby plants that are not weeds. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I am happy to report that if one has to go through an airport at all, Portland is the best one. There were no lines so I got through quickly, and I'm now chilling out at a local organic brewpub near my gate. I've got my fingers crossed for a quick, easy flight. (And I already can't wait to be back home in my garden with my chickens and cats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment